Welcome to DragonflyPix.com.
We make and sell photographs of European and Australian dragonflies and damselflies.
Whether you're looking to buy some of our beautiful photographs, or are interested in a specific species, or simply curious to learn a bit more about dragonflies and damselflies in general, you're very welcome to our site and we hope you'll enjoy browsing it. A word of warning: if you were hoping to see Flash intros, animations, pop-ups or any other bells and whistles, or indeed advertising and product endorsements, you will probably be disappointed - there are none. We firmly believe the quality of our site should lie in the quality of our photographs and we hope you agree.
Our website contains thumbnails and small-sized versions of our photographs. Do feel free to download those small versions (they're 1200 x 800 pixels) but please don't distribute them to any third party, modify them in any way or publish them on any other website (or by any other means) without our prior written permission. The same applies to our text contents: they too are copyright-protected and must not be distributed, published elsewhere, etc. without our prior permission.
Note: Throughout our website, when you click on a thumbnail, the corresponding photograph will be displayed in a new window with, underneath it, 13 pieces of information. For example, underneath the first photograph on the species page for the Azure Bluet (Coenagrion puella), it reads:
1 / 20; PhotoID: Da071 21/06/2016 15:32 Sweden F8 1/160 180mm ISO400 Canon7D2 -Crop -Flash MF
- 1 / 20 indicates that this is the first of 20 photographs of this species;
- PhotoID: Da071 is the unique identifier of that photograph on our website. The first two letters of this identifier are typically 'Da' (for damselflies) or 'Dr' (for dragonflies). As of June 2021, the PhotoID's run from Da001 to Da940 and from Dr0001 to Dr1740;
- 21/06/2016 is the date on which the photo was taken;
- 15:32 is the time at which the photo was taken;
- Sweden is the country where the photo was taken;
- F8 is the aperture that was used;
- 1/160 is the shutter speed that was used;
- 180mm is the focal length of the lens that was used;
- ISO400 is the camera's ISO setting that was used;
- Canon7D2 is the camera model that was used;
- -Crop means that the photograph was not cropped. Cropped photographs are indicated as +Crop. As of June 2019 there are 16 cropped photographs left on our website (i.e. one in every 250 photographs);
- -Flash means that no flash was used. Photographs made with flash would be indicated as +Flash, but as of June 2015 there are no such photographs on our website;
- MF means that the lens was manually focussed. Photographs made with autofocus would be indicated as AF, but as of September 2015 there are no such photographs on our website.